2014/04/22

Why are you developing a business in the Philippines? (Part 1)

Hello, everyone!

I'm Naoya Takahashi, in charge of business development in the Philippines.

I'm going to write about my work little by little here in the Relations Blog.


日本語版はこちら



To begin with, I will describe my reasons for doing this.





I've been working in the Philippines since last summer, though I still travel back and forth between Japan and the Philippines.


There are two reasons why I'm trying to develop a business here.
One is from the viewpoint of Relations, and the other is from my own personal point of view.


Today I'm going to talk about the former.


In my opinion, it is essential for Relations to solve problems, not only in Japan but also abroad, if it is to carry out the company's mission and realize its vision.

The company's mission is as follows:
“We seek to develop a sustainable world where people walk side by side with nature and work together so everyone can share in the abundance of the planet.”

Our vision is:
“By 2025, we will transform the situations of one billion people into a new reality.”


How could we possibly fulfill them if we only operate in Japan?

Impossible, right?


Fortunately, COGOO has been attracting attention from overseas, but at the moment, both COGOO and Less is Plus operate only within Japan, so
I wouldn’t say Relations can operate globally now.





I'm also hoping that more outstanding people will join us so that Relations can become closer to the Dream Team.

There are countless talented people, both in developing and developed countries. I've seen many such people here in the Philippines. Do you think they would like to join a company that can only operate in Japan? Probably not.

Thus, Relations needs to be able to address issues arising not only in Japan, but all over the world.

Even so, the planet’s tectonic plates have been moving gradually.




Last year, a super American guy who can speak 6 languages joined our company, becoming our first non-Japanese employee.

COGOO's promotional film was selected to the Cannes International Advertising Festival, and the COGOO terminal received one of the world’s three most prestigious design awards, the iF Design Award in Germany.

I believe that success in the Philippines project can take Relations to the next level.



Today, I wrote the reason why I'm developing a business here from the company's viewpoint. Next time I will write another reason from my personal viewpoint.